In the early 1930’s Stratford Hall began serving meals to the public on the ground floor of the Great House. In May 1937 a new Plantation Dining Room was opened adjacent to the Astor Guest House. Tragically, that structure survived less than a decade and was destroyed by fire in 1944. The present dining room was completed in 1951, and the porch overlooking the wooded ravine was added in 1957. It was enlarged 8 years later to its current size.
Stratford Hall Dining Room has recently added fresh organic produce to the Dining Room menu and it's produced locally on an organic farm. Along with fresh produce, many of the old favorites are back by popular demand (crab cakes, ham biscuits and the ham and crabcake platter). We look forward to a very productive year!